4th grade math and science
This year we will focus on having a positve growth mindset! Therefore, this year we will have periodic lessons on growth mindset and practice growth mindset in the classroom! We will also set goals for the year. These goals may include, but are not limited to:
Guidelines for students
* I will ask questions when I cannot figure something out on my own.
* I will review my work and redo it to improve it.
* When I get stuck on something, I will use a variety of strategies to help myself. I will not give up.
* I will ask my teacher if I don't understand a concept.
* I will ask and accept more challenging work if my current work doesn't require much effort.
Guidelines for teachers
* I will view all questions as a chance for growth.
* I will allow students opportunities to improve upon their work.
*I will provide challenging activites and differentiate instruction in order to meet the needs of all the children in my class.
* I will offer time and assistance to students needing addtional help.
* I will provide a safe and fear-free classroom.
- I have been teaching in Springfield for 26 years.
- I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Mount Union College in 1994.
- I have a Master's Degree from Marygrove College in Curriculum and Instruction.
- My family consists of my husband, Dan, and four teenage daughters. Our cat, Charly, is also part of the family.
- I currently reside in North Canton, but I grew up in Springfield and graduated from Springfield High School in 1989. I am very proud to be a lifetime Spartan!